This church was constituted in 1831. A number of people connected with the churches of Bolton and Chester living in the vicinity of Brant Lake met in a school house on the 2nd of November 1831. After mature deliberation entered into covenant relations with each other as a church of Christ, adopted articles of faith and practice, and invited the church of the Lake George Association to send delegates to a council of recognition.
A branch of the church was sustained at Mill Brook for several years. The membership of Horicon Church was scattered over a large territory and was brought together in one place only on some special occasions, the church had no house of worship in 1876. In 1899 a meeting house was built free of debt.
In 1931 the church celebrated its 100th anniversary. In 1963, the Horicon Baptist Church withdrew from the Lake George Association becoming an independent church and a constitution and set of by-laws were drawn up by the deacons and the pastor.
Horicon Baptist Church continues to look forward to its future, reaching people with the gospel of Jesus Christ and seeing them added to His church.